[Vision2020] Lewiston Tribune Under Focus

Art Deco deco at moscow.com
Sun Feb 5 11:52:01 PST 2006

Ted, et al,

The same problem exists with the LMT's little, forlorn sister, the Daily News.  Human interest stories, sob-sister stories, sports stories, etc all have interests for various readers of newspapers and it is fine for the newspapers to appeal to a diversity of reader interests.

However though, isn't it most important for a newspaper to give prominence, front page or otherwise, to those stories with the most significant impact on our world, country, state, region, etc, and to subjects which describe ongoing processes we as citizens can attempt to do something about?

The Presto-Log story was interesting and a good read, but front page?  Has the newspaper industry, local and otherwise, became so whorish, that they have forgotten the importance of their role of informing the public on vital matters and instead sell themselves using puff pieces?

Perhaps the news production staff and culture at both the LMT and the Daily News needs a through review and housecleaning.

Art Deco (Wayne A. Fox)
deco at moscow.com