[Vision2020] Black Labs

JeanC jeanc38 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 14:41:10 PST 2006

On 2/3/06, Carl Westberg <carlwestberg846 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> James, as a biped who is owned by an elderly cat who will soon be shuffling
> off this mortal coil himself, my sympathies.  The more I know people, the
> better I like animals.  My idea of heaven is where we will be reunited with
> all the pets who preceded us.  There will be also be a golf course.  And
> Charlize Theron.  With endless cold beer.  And potato chips.  And cheese.
> Lots of cheese.
>

>                                                             Carl Westberg
> Jr.

LOL Cark, you are such a giggle. Heaven is going to have lots of wine,
loaves of bread, cheese and Tom Selleck :D

My condolensces to those who recently lost their furry loved ones.
There is a poem called the <a
href="http://www.petloss.com/poems/maingrp/rainbowb.htm">Rainbow
Bridge</a> I always read when one of mine passes over the Bridge:

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here,
that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can
run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm
and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and
vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again,
just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they
each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly
stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His
eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying
over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally
meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again.
The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the
beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your
pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

--
Jean C
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can