[Vision2020] Culture war?

Phil Nisbet pcnisbet1 at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 3 09:29:35 PST 2006

Hey, we can not hold a candle to this one;

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060202/ap_en_tv/faust_video

So a teacher shows parts of Faust, a good clean opera to a group of school
kids and gets a serious reprimand and is forced to apologize after recieving
calls and emails that she is probably a Satanist.  Hey, Nick, where was the
NEA or the AFT i this one?

I reminds me of being in North Carolina in the Fourth Grade, just outside of
Fort Bragg.  Our teacher Mx Vail decided to teach us some Spanish.  In comes
a back country Gent in overalls to complain to her with all of us little
guys present.

"Ms Vail,", he says, "I come in here to ask you why you all been teaching
these here childern one of them furrin tongues.  Its just not right."

"How so?", she asked.

He reached inside his bib and pulled out a much battered good book and
plunked it down on the desk.  "This here's the Bible Ms. Vail and as you can
see its in English.  You can see as plain as day that when the lord spake,
he spake in English.  If it was good enough for the lord, it ought to be
good enough for these here childern."

And the best part, the school discontinued Spanish immediately after that.

Phil Nisbet