[Vision2020] Cindy was invited

Phil Nisbet pcnisbet1 at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 3 08:28:07 PST 2006

Sunil

The case of removal or lack of clothing is no different than the case of
wearing a particular brand of clothing.  As I noted, political statement
clothing is barred from the Gallery of the House of Represnetatives and has
been for decades.  You are suggesting that bars to that sort of clothing are
breeches of !st Amendment Right to Free Speech, to which I can prety clearly
state, that lack of any clothing what so ever is just as much a statement as
a slogan bearing T shirt.

I used the other examples because they show that free speech is restricted
in any number of instances.  Thre are limits to where a person can excercise
their free speech rights,

Sheehan chose to make a statement by wearing a particular item of clothing
in an area where the wearing of that type of clothing is barred.  She was
told to leave and refused and that got her arrested.  If she had come to the
same location and taken off her jacket and been bare above the waste, she
would have been similarly removed.  Both are political statements and both
are restricted from the location in question.

Phil Nisbet