[Vision2020] Reactions To Hanging

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 30 17:50:49 PST 2006

Dan Carscallen wrote:

>Now, I'm no political scientist or mathemagician (although I do like
>macamadamia nuts), but I'm pretty sure the "insurgents" aren't
>necessarily "followers of Saddam", per se, but more like Iraqis who just
>don't like the fact that we're there telling them what to do.  As for
>me, I'm not gonna lose any sleep over Saddam being dead.
>
>DC

Most "insurgents" probably aren't his followers.  I'm sure quite a few
are, just as quite a few of them are victims or are related to victims
of his crimes.  The question is, would we even be able to tell if the
violence escalated much, given the high level it's already at?

I won't lose sleep over his death either, though I think he should have
been tried outside of Iraq by an international tribunal instead of
in-country by Iraqis.

Now that Saddam is dead and the WMDs are nowhere to be found, what is left?

Paul