[Vision2020] PNAC: Rebuilding America's Defenses

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Fri Dec 29 11:59:09 PST 2006

David et. al.

Ay, matey!

"Great Pirates" indeed!

Secrecy and specialization, both utilized to protect the pirates hegemony.

>From Fuller's text:

"But these hard, powerful, brilliantly resourceful sea masters had to sleep
occasionally, and therefore found it necessary to surround themselves with
super-loyal, muscular but dull-brained illiterates who could not see nor
savvy their masters' stratagems. There was great safety in the mental
dullness of these henchmen. The Great Pirates realized that the only people
who could possibly contrive to displace them were the truly bright people.
For this reason their number-one strategy was secrecy."
---------
"But specialization is in fact only a fancy form of slavery wherein the
"expert" is fooled into accepting his slavery by making him feel that in
return he is in a socially and culturally preferred, ergo, highly secure,
lifelong position. But only the king's son received the Kingdom-wide scope
of training."
----------

Can we connect Fuller's description of the "Great Pirates" use of secrecy to
the secrecy of the Bush Administration?  Consider the theory that securing
oil resources was a major factor in the Iraq invasion and occupation in the
context of Cheney's (who some have called the "real" president, one of the
masterminds of Bush's Middle East policy) secret meeting with top energy
corporation executives, a secret meeting that resulted in a law suit to
reveal what went on, that went all the way to the US Supreme Court:

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Cheney_Energy_Task_Force

On 12/28/06, david sarff <davesway at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Ted, I am reminded of something in this discussion. You have likely read
> this old yet still relevant work but Sunil ( and some others) might enjoy
> Buckminster Fullers descriptions of " Great Pirates".
> http://reactor-core.org:80/operating-manual-for-spaceship-earth.html

Aye, booty a'plenty for the buccaneers:

> >Though I think protecting US access to the Middle East's huge fossil fuel
> >reserves, in the context of the inevitable depletion of this
> non-renewable
> >and absolutely critical resource during the next century, was the raison
> >d'etre for the Iraq invasion, for the small group of the most powerful,
> >savvy, and realistic military and business/corporate strategists doing
> long
> >term planning, I think most people who supported the war had noble goals
> of
> >other sorts.

Ted Moffett