[Vision2020] Target Iran: Scott Ritter's New Book Questions Iran's Nuclear Weapons Program: Re: Iran oil revenue

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Tue Dec 26 13:16:21 PST 2006

All:

Over and over we hear talk that Iran is attempting to acquire nuclear
weapons, yet what is the solid evidence this is true?  Just as with Saddam's
WMDs before the Iraq invasion, there appears to be a slant in much of the
reporting toward assuming Iran is definitely on the path to a nuclear
weapon.

Scott Ritter, former Iraq weapons inspector, who correctly warned the US
that the claims of Saddam having WMD before we invaded were highly doubtful,
is now questioning this assumption that Iran is definitely trying to develop
nuclear weapons.  In an hour and a half discussion, with audience
participation, with Ritter and Seymour Hirsch, that is available as
streaming audio from the New York Sound Posse, you can listen to Ritter
discuss his book "Target Iran."

The links to the streaming audio for this event are located on this web page
under this heading:

http://www.nysoundposse.com

 Tuesday, October 17, 2006 Event: Seymour Hersh and Scott Ritter (10/16/06)
<http://www.nysec.org/2006/10/16/seymour-hersh-and-scott-ritter-october-16-06/>
Who: Seymour Hersh <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seymour_Hersh> and Scott
Ritter <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Ritter>

Where: The New York Society for Ethical Culture <http://www.nysec.org/>, 2
West 64th Street, New York
NY<http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=2+west+64th+street,+nyc+ny&ll=40.771409,-73.979788&spn=0.015145,0.042915>
.

When: Monday, October 16th, 7:00 PM

What: Join former UN Special Commission weapons inspector Scott
Ritter<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Ritter>,
author of *Iraq
Confidential*<http://www.nationbooks.org/book.mhtml?t=ritter>and
*Target Iran* <http://www.nationbooks.org/book.mhtml?t=ritter2> (from Nation
Books <http://www.nationbooks.org/>) and Pulitzer Prize-winning New
Yorker<http://www.newyorker.com/>journalist Seymour
Hersh <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seymour_Hersh>, for a discussion on the
Bush administration's secret plans for the next front in the War on Terror.
Find out why Ritter–an early and outspoken critic of the war in
Iraq–believes that in the case of Iran, "we are seeing history repeat
itself."

http://www.nysoundposse.com

-------
Vision2020 Post: Ted Moffett