[Vision2020] Otter Plans Closed-Door Oath Taking

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 24 22:21:40 PST 2006

Andreas,

  And the price of tea in China is?

  I was unaware that the Pledge was a prayer. I thought it was a public statement of loyalty to the country and the people in it, just like an oath of office.

  Merry CHRISTmas,

  Donovan J Arnold

Andreas Schou <ophite at gmail.com> wrote:
  On 12/23/06, Donovan Arnold wrote:
> I would think the progressives that are SO opposed to the Pledge would be
> happy another American tradition involving the words GOD or the Bible is
> being removed from the public to see.

Dear Donovan,

5 And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are:
for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of
the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They
have their reward.
6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou
hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy
Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.
7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do:
for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

-- ACS

http://mail.yahoo.com