[Vision2020] Time Warner Cable & KAYU

Saundra Lund sslund at roadrunner.com
Thu Dec 21 23:13:23 PST 2006

Hi Donovan & Other Interested Visionaries,

Well, I don't know how they come up with it, but in a report issued earlier
this year, the FCC reports consumers could save up to 13% on their cable
(and presumably satellite) bills if they could purchase only the channels
they want.
http://tinyurl.com/wcsfd

And, interestingly, "the American Cable Association, which represents small
rural cable operators, said it would voluntarily offer a la carte
programming if the big program networks would let it."

For those interested in learning more about this topic, just Google up
something like à la carte cable programming for lots of information on the
various pro & con arguments.

Donovan:  TiVo -- patooey!  Don't you know anything?!?!  <g>  ReplayTV is
far superior!  It has *true* commercial advance ***and*** IVS (internet
video sharing) and a bunch of better stuff than TiVo.  We got our first unit
over four years ago & have never looked back  :-)  Of course, I'm not
exactly impartial since I've never owned a TiVo, but my brother's got one,
so we've done the compare & contrast gig, and he thinks I've got the better
deal, too.

Happy Holidays to All,
Saundra Lund
Moscow, ID

nothing.
- Edmund Burke

***** Original material contained herein is Copyright 2006, Saundra Lund.
Do not copy, forward, excerpt, or reproduce outside the Vision 2020 forum
without the express written permission of the author.*****