[Vision2020] From The Mouths Of Babes...

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 21:17:31 PST 2006

Interaction between yours truly and a seven year old (I'm guessing) at
WINCO, sitting in a shopping cart, her mother standing nearby:

Seven year old:

That man has a pony tail.

Me:  I Ignore comment

Seven year old:

Why do you have a pony tail?

Me:  I consider that an honest response is too much for a seven year old.  I
say nothing.

Seven year old:

Mom, that man has a pony tail.  Mother mumbles something in response.

Seven year old again:

You're a man and men don't have ponytails.

Me:  OK, now she's got me.  I respond:  Lots of men have pony tails.

Seven year old:

My brother does not have a pony tail.

Me:  Well, your brother may not, but many men have pony tails.

Seven year old, becoming more agitated:

Mom, that man has a pony tail!

I walk away thinking silently:  Young bigot in training.

Ted Moffett