[Vision2020] A Polite Request

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 21:37:18 PST 2006

Could we please stop with the Hairless, Comb-over, HeirDoug,
Dougie-boy, etc?  It really is quite juvenile, and is truthfully
embarrassing when it comes from the pens/mouths/keyboards of anyone
over 12 years of age.  Worse, it negates any valid argument that they
may have existed.

It's soon Christmas, and after that, New Years.  Could we all agree to
a New Year's resolution to act like grown-ups?  I know, it's fun to
let our inner child out once in a while, but when we allow ourselves
this freedom too often it grows tiresome, and when it comes from
someone with who I am otherwise in sympathy, I am doubly dismayed
because it manages with one thoughtless word to discredit "our side."

Can we try, pretty please?

Chas

--
"Intolerance betrays want of faith in one's cause." -- Mahatma Gandhi