[Vision2020] (no subject)

Jerry Weitz gweitz at moscow.com
Wed Dec 20 19:42:59 PST 2006

Keely, the only time the MSD listens to suggestions for educational
improvement, agrees and does not follow through, is during the process of
asking for more money.  The MSD lacks in skills training and by Pullman's
standards is about twenty years behind.  Pullman has a full 180 days of
instruction last time I compared, beats MSD scholastically, has higher post
secondary enrollment, higher graduation rates, uses WSU extensively, and
costs less to run (ADA).  In order to compete globally, MSD ought to
consider 200 days of instruction, have a credible skills program, and use
the resources of UI.  Only then should the money be forth
coming....otherwise it will be business as usual.   Think globally and act
locally.  Let's make MSD the lighthouse district of Idaho by insisiting on
global standards.  Jerry