[Vision2020] Idaho Vandals to name Robb Akey as new coach at 2PM today!

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 10:13:39 PST 2006

Note: I don't want this to be construed as caring whether the Vandals
win, lose, or drop off the face of the earth, but I thought some of
you might find this interesting.

Happy Holidays!

Idaho Vandals to name Robb Akey as new coach at 2PM today!

The University of Idaho has hired its new head football coach.  Washington
State defensive coordinator Robb Akey has accepted an offer to become Idaho's
coach.  An official announcement is expected today at a 2 p.m. press conference
in the IDAHO VANDAL ATHLETIC CENTER.  ALL ARE WELCOME!

Akey has been an assistant coach at WSU since 1998. Akey and wife, Molly, have
two children, Jack and Daniel.  He was promoted to defensive coordinator prior
to the 2003 season. Akey's duties also include coaching the defensive line.
Of the 18 players playing in the NFL from WSU, Coach Akey coached 10 of these
players on the defensive side of the ball.  Coach Akey is passionate about
football and committed to the University of Idaho.  He is known to be
an excellent
motivator and a very personable leader.  Please join us as we welcome
Coach Robb
Akey to the Vandal family today.  We hope to see you at the Press
Conference and
if you can not attend we hope you tell a friend to come today at 2PM and show
their support for Idaho.

The University of Idaho Department of Athletics would like to continue sending
you information via e-mail. However, if you wish to not receive notifications
via e-mail or receive notifications at a different e-mail address, please
respond to this message.