[Vision2020] Pat nails it on Iraq

debismith at moscow.com debismith at moscow.com
Tue Dec 19 18:21:37 PST 2006

Given that Roger took me to task for a somewhat old e-mail, I think he may not have been
reading everything that comes through. Since I have bozo filtered several posters, i certainly
cannot fault him for that.

However, being personally attacked in several sexually explicit e-mails gives me some right to
smack down the attacker. Being lumped into groups which I may or may not fit, and vilified as
un-American, and being the recipient of off-list nastygrams (and not responding publically),
certainly taints my responses to ToeKnee and his ilk. ToeKnee may be trying to be more civil--
he is failing in his attempt. He utilizes the most inflammatory language possible, levels attacks
at individuals and groups, and then cries victim of the left when anyone responds negatively.
And we still don't know why a Valley Dweller is so interested in Moscow. Has he conquered
the 30 or so liberals there and is looking for new territory? Has he been thrown out of the far-
right camp for being around the bend and needs to feel needed? We know way more than we
want to about his very personal life, but this tidbit still eludes us....

I agree with Saundra that you get back what you put into the forum. Saundra has had an
amazing amount of crap thrown at her, and continues to behave well.  I have not always
behaved well---not an apology and don't hold your breath.. I fully expect some flack when I am
outspoken, or when I make personal reference to another person. I often do not post the
response that comes to mind, and sometimes I wish I hadn't hit the send button. But the
vicious, vitriolic, twisted stuff that comes from some posters requires a response. Sometimes,
that response needs to be worded in the same tone as used by the originator of the topic.
JMHO but it's mine and I'm sticking to it.

I appreciate the holiday spirit sentiment, but this is not a forum that takes a holiday--in fact,
this forum doesn't take prisoners! I enjoy the discussions we have on the V, I even enjoy the
flame wars here, and my advice is bozo filter those with whom you have a problem  (including
me), and stop believing you can moderate the likes of ToeKnee (or me) with platitudes or
rebukes.  By the way, a rebuke from Roger for behaving badly doesn't carry a buncha weight
with me, given his own poorly excused record. OOOPS. Did it again.....

Debi R-S