[Vision2020] Public statement of protest regarding Michael Metzler's slandering of the CREC and COTK

Andreas Schou ophite at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 09:03:23 PST 2006

Hi, Chris --

I assume you're this Christopher Witmer?

"If Mr. Olasky had said something like, "Christians need to understand
that Jews are among the enemies of our Lord that we need to learn how
to love, just as Jesus loved all Christians while we were still His
enemies," I would have no problems with that. But as the statement
stands it is seriously problematic. If Talmudic Jews and Christians
are brothers in any sense other than the sense in which all children
of Adam are brothers, then does it not follow that Talmudic Jews have
salvation outside of Christ? I would really like to see Mr. Olasky try
to defend his assertion from Scripture. (I'm certain it can't be
done.) Folks, there is no reason to focus especially on Jews as the
enemies of Christians, but they are just as much our enemies as any
other manifestation of the broad way that leads to destruction. Love
them, serve them, pray for them, but never for one moment think that
they are brothers with which we can have true friendship -- for until
they convert, they remain the enemies of our Lord."

--ACS