[Vision2020] needy boy athletes

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Tue Dec 19 08:39:21 PST 2006

Isn't it more than a little odd that you would assume that if the young
women chose not to go out for sports at Logos, it was to "let the men catch
up"?

Are the men that needy?

Are the women that enabling?

Methinks you reveal much in your comments.  Could it be -- and, having been
a high school athlete, I'm just tossing this off the top of my head -- that
they didn't WANT to play the sports that were offered?  Maybe they didn't
like the coach?  Is it possible that their parents said "no" to sports
because their grades were low?   Uniforms dorky?  Practice schedules in
conflict with other obligations?  Fear that fullcourt basketball would cause
their uteruses to jar out of place?

To automatically conclude that it was, in fact, to "let the men catch up"
reveals that you don't think much of your future men, who evidently haven't
heard that wonderful adage from the 70s:

"Men of quality aren't threatened by women's equality"

Goodness.  If Doug is right, maybe we need an intervention for the poor boys
of puny chest at Logos.  On the other hand, Doug is rarely right, so I'm
guessing the boys are just fine.

keely