[Vision2020] Water: was Mass Slaughter in Vietnam?

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 15 21:51:13 PST 2006

Mark,

  Thanks for responding. I don't recall you discussing much about any realistic alternative sources of water. I also don't recall any conversation regarding the safety/quality of the current water supply. I do know that you have shown the most interest regarding Palouse Aquifer water supply in the area, certainly at least than anyone else on the V.

  I would like to see more discussion on the quality/safety of the Palouse water supply and possible ways to use it as a resource to obtain higher quality water for consumption.

  I feel, based on no scientific evidence, that drinking this water cannot be very good for us. If it eats piping, stains porcelain, smells bad, and tastes bad, I feel my body is telling me not to use it on an everyday basis, if at all.

  Has there been an economic cost/benefit study of how to get fresh water to the Palouse, and its long term benefit to the community? I would think the savings on destroyed pipes, plumbing, washers, dryers, sinks, toilets, bathtubs, showers, and housewear items and clothing items would be worth the expense in itself, not counting the health improvements and savings on purchasing bottled water and filtering systems. Also, the cost of water could be reduced with a less finite supply.

  Your thoughts would be appreciated Mark at a time most convenient to you, as I understand you are busy.

  Thanks,

  Donovan J Arnold

Mark Solomon <msolomon at moscow.com> wrote:
        Donovan,

  No, I'm not ignoring it but I have answered those same questions on V2020 several times in the last year or so. If you're unable to find them in the archive, I'll be glad to do it again, but I'm a tad busy until Monday.

  m.