[Vision2020] Something not to laugh about........

Andreas Schou ophite at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 14:00:46 PST 2006

On 12/14/06, Tony <tonytime at clearwire.net> wrote:

> Dick, I remember seeing Ben Stein on the Dennis Miller show and some liberal
> twit seated next to him spouted off with some dumb anti-Bush mantra.  Stein,
> in classic Stein style, proceeded to authoritatively and sternly rebuke him.
>  The lib sat there, tail feathers still smoking as Miller laughed, saying:
> Well, I guess the lesson is, Don't piss off Ben Stein!  It was hugely funny
> and I was reminded of it when I read what you forwarded.
>
> Have a very merry CHRISTmas!   -Tony

Like most conservative nonsense, this is a kernel of truth packed in a
great big Christmas snowball of blather. Ben Stein did, in fact, say a
lot of this stuff on CBS. The stuff he didn't say? The inflammatory
stuff? Yeah, that's all pretty much made up.

If you're interested, you can read the whole text of what he actually
did say (which is, itself, largely nonsense, but what do you expect
from a speechwriter for the biggest criminal ever to grace the Oval
Office?) as well as the text of what he didn't say. The link is right
here:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/benstein2.asp

-- ACS