[Vision2020] Corrections to Pinochet Column

nickgier at adelphia.net nickgier at adelphia.net
Tue Dec 12 10:42:15 PST 2006

Greetings:

In revising the piece from a radio commentary to a column, I neglected to add this right after the paragraph about my guide's torture.

"The man who authorized our guide's descent into Hell was General Augusto Pinochet, who died at the age of 91 on December 10. Is there is some justice, or just a sad irony, that this is the International Day for Human Rights?"

Also, there should be two "r's" in "scarred for life" at the end.  Those who deny that torture causes life time psychological damage not only do not know what they are talking about but they also dissing the vicitims.  Let's hope that Bush & Co.'s victims get their day in court.

Nick Gier