[Vision2020] Kinda Heading Home, Dirk K.?

Pennsylvania Place penn_place_boise at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 11 12:36:27 PST 2006

Personally, I would be happy if someone simply had the integrity to serve out the term of their contract, unlike Dennis "Drunken Slimeball" Erickson. I do not think asking a coach to stay for four or five years is so much to ask, especially considering the salary - I would LOVE to have a five year contract with that kind of money guaranteed.

Penny

Chris Storhok <cstorhok at co.fairbanks.ak.us> wrote: Put me down in support of Jim Harbaugh.   He has had great success at
the University of San Diego, has the desire to move on to the next level
and has a great background as well.   Played at the University of
Michigan under Bo, played for the Bears and Colts in the NFL, and has
seen nothing but success as a coach.
Idaho fans must face reality; the Vandals are at their best when they
are under the guidance of a coach who aspires to rise through the ranks.
That style of coach was why we were successful in the 1980's and 90's
and why Boise Junior College is doing so well today. Of the names I have
seen mentioned, Jim is the one coach that fits the mold. Sure he will be
gone in 3-5 years but the team and program he would build in the process
will be winners.   I cannot understand why anyone would look for a coach
who promises to stay at Idaho until the end of his career; lets be
realistic, take the guy who will work his butt off building a program
knowing that Idaho is a great step to bigger programs.

If Harbaugh does not work out, give Kramer the chance.  I think he is
also one of those coaches who wants to move up the ladder.

Go Vandals...

Chris