[Vision2020] Repentant Sinner my ass!

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sun Dec 10 18:59:46 PST 2006

The sexual relationship between Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinsky was a
consensual one between two adults.  Impeachment proceedings were initiated
against Bill Clinton for having lied to congress about his sexual relations
with Monica Lewinsky.  The impeachment processes were not concerned with the
acts themselves.

Mr. Crabtree's inference that "the tryst between a collage professor and a
student is not [consensual]" has me confused.  It isn't so much the matter
concerning consent that suggests such a tryst is unethical.  A college
professor is in a position of trust over his/her students.  Such a tryst is
considered to be an abhorrent violation of that trust.

Concerning age of majority:  Each state establishes their own respective age
of majority (adulthood).  At the age of 23, Monica Lewinsky is considered an
adult in each and every state of the union.  The only way that Ms. Lewinsky
would be considered a victim in this matter is if she were diagnosed as
mentally unstable.  Since both Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinsky were of
adult age, the disparity in their ages is moot.

In my opinion, Monica Lewinsky knowingly and willingly had sexual relations
with Bill Clinton, knowing him to be married and President of the United
States.  Either of the two latter characteristics is likely to increase her
bank book balance when heavily seasoned with extortion.  My guess is that
knowledge of the Clinton/Lewinsky tryst was slowly approaching the "light of
day".  President Clinton had two choices:  Either pay off Ms. Lewinsky with
hush money or deny that the tryst ever happened.

Enter Special Prosecutor Kenneth Starr . . . and the rest of the story.

  _____