[Vision2020] Metzler admits he was "dead wrong, " but he is still dead wrong

J Ford privatejf32 at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 9 07:05:49 PST 2006

Doug, Doug, Doug (one and all of you);

Below is a copy of the posting that you say Mike shows his humble side.
Thing is, you were partly correct.  Mike DOES show just how humble a he can
be - BUT he shows something else that you and your bunch can't seem to
muster - he shows just how much of a GROWN MAN he really is and admits he
may have jumped to a conclusion not wholely founded in solid facts:

"After months of amazing behavior from Ligonier Ministry, and some of the
troubles I already had with Federal Vision’s response to internet critics on
a new section of their web site, I was assuming the same behavior from Doug
Phillips as I have seen from Doug Wilson and to a degree Ligonier
Ministries. Because of this anticipation, I grouped Doug Phillips together
with men I knew far more about, particularly Sproul Jr and Doug Wilson (and
of course I am one of the leading experts on Doug Wilson!). I therefore
stated things about Doug Phillips that have been shown to be false. Here is
what I said:

Those who want to merely silence all criticism use this complaint to silence
truth seeking, discussion, or even cogent and sincere replies to
allegations. Folks like RC Sproul Jr, Tim Dick, Doug Phillips, and Doug
Wilson assume a level of authority that refuses to even straight-forwardly
deny allegations. Those who are sincerely seeking truth seem to never be
interested in such shenanigans.

Consider: If you were an innocent man, publicly charged with something,
wouldn’t you want to make a sincere, honest, and sufficient answer to the
false charges? In what sort of situation would you not want to reply in this
way? And why not offer some public humility wherever the complaints might
have touched down in some way? Why not show in practice that you are a just
man who receives accountability? Do some introspection into your own heart –
this is fairly a priori stuff. But I have watched Doug Wilson reply to my
own sincere questions—and then challenges—with nothing but ad hom attacks,
threats, belittling, harassment, subterfuge, and sage-like imprecatory
innuendo. I even got a police report filed against me about a used condom
found in his mailbox! Likewise, Doug Phillips was offered to provide his own
side of the story and refused. Why is a sincere and honest rebuttal so
difficult for men like this? (you can see the entire post here).

This was grounded in part on the claim from Ministry Watchman that Phillips
had been given plenty of time to response:

Likewise, Doug Phillips was offered to provide his own side of the story and
refused. Why is a sincere and honest rebuttal so difficult for men like
this?

However, it appears that Phillips was not offered a genuine opportunity to
deny the allegations (and Still Fed Up claims he was not even given any time
at all), and sure enough these allegations were denied just a few days after
the first post by Ministry Watchman; there was a prima facie “sincere and
honest rebuttal.” I WAS DEAD WRONG. I like being wrong. Around the wood
being shown to be wrong, finally, was quite a pleasant surprise."

Now, go to your closet, get back in it and PRAY you can become at least half
the man Mike is by the time you are all grown up.  BTW, does your nanny
Dougie-BOY know you're up this early playing with the computer!?  Or did you
sneak this one in before he could see it and stop you?

(Keep up the good work, Mike!)

J  :]