[Vision2020] Stryker Soldiers Start Returning to Wainwright

Chris Storhok cstorhok at co.fairbanks.ak.us
Mon Dec 4 17:27:15 PST 2006

A few additional notes:

As of today (12/4) about 75% of the 172nd is now home, the rest of the
soldiers should be home by the end of the week.  For those of you who
have relatives or family serving up here, they will be allowed to leave
Forth Wainwright starting the week of December 18th.

Families and friends have hung banners all over town. Local church
groups have put together welcome home celebrations; Christmas packages;
and fund drives to replace lost personal effects, clothes, furniture and
so forth.  Local police, state troopers, and the MP's have arranged for
rides for soldiers from parties; the city and borough have temporarily
waived license renewals for vehicles; and taxi companies are giving free
rides to soldiers (paid for by other citizens who are just so darn glad
to have our troops home).

Next week some of our troops head back to the Middle East, this time for
service in Afghanistan.

Tom, thanks again,

Chris