[Vision2020] Bush, et al. before a Grand Jury

Andreas Schou ophite at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 18:45:06 PST 2006

> As for your insistence that I provide you with the name of anyone who
> claimed Iraq had a working nuclear capability prior to the invasion, I have
> to clarify once again that I never made the assertion you refer to.

Tony --

What I am asking you to do is to separate true from false claims about
Iraq. I am not asking whether Iraq had nuclear weapons, because that's
something that nobody even claimed. What I'm asking is whether anyone
on the left had ever claimed that Iraq was in *imminent danger* of
obtaining nuclear weapons; an imminent danger that could not be fixed
by the presence of weapons inspectors and a strong embargo.

>  I say
> A, you hear B and demand that I document a claim I NEVER MADE.  Please
> listen carefully Andreas:  I said that MEMBERS ON BOTH SIDES of the isle
> were convinced that Iraq posed a GRAVE THREAT to America.  This is a fact
> Andreas.  You may choose to continue to deny it, but it will remain a fact.

Were these people correct? Had anyone from the Democratic side of the
aisle called for an invasion of Iraq? Would you, knowing what you know
now, call for an invasion of Iraq? Why?

The Iraq intelligence was ginned up by political operatives
specializing in creating hysteria about whichever enemy-of-the-minute
they've fixed their steely gaze on. Big surprise: they did the same
with Iraq.

-- ACS