[Vision2020] On Being a Principled Man

Art Deco deco at moscow.com
Fri Dec 1 11:16:20 PST 2006

Well, Farris,

>From this last post of yours I can see that you have not done your homework
assignment.  It is repeated below for your convenience.  Please complete and
submit it to V 2020 before you further embarrass and pain those who really
are Christians.

W.

____________________________

Keely,

Although I am a nonbeliever, I have attempted to show to Farris that his
behavior is decidedly contrary to the teachings of Christ, whom he and his
cultmates claim to love, honor, and obey.  But I can see that I have been
remiss -- I have cited too much at one time, thus overloading and
short-circuiting the tiny capacity that may exist.

I am sorry for my errors.  Hence, I'll try smaller bites.

Doug,

1.    What do you think the following passages mean?

2.    Compare your behavior on V 2020 with Christ's standard as found in
these passages.

3.    Do you not love Jesus enough to abide by these simple proscriptions?

Matthew 5:38 -      Young's Literal Translation of the Bible

38   'Ye heard that it was said: Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth;

39   but I -- I say to you, not to resist the evil, but whoever shall slap
thee
on thy right cheek, turn to him also the other...'

[Doug, if you are overwhelmed by the above quantity of Christ's Words to
digest at this point, then take a rest before proceeding.]

43 "You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate
your enemy.'

44 But I say to you, Love your enemies '''...

If this is too much to handle at one time, then say so, and I try even
smaller bites.  Looking forward to your on-the-point response.

W.