[Vision2020] Getting a.....

Philip Cook pcook818 at adelphia.net
Thu Aug 31 10:05:24 PDT 2006

> From: Pennsylvania Place <penn_place_boise at yahoo.com>
> Date: Wednesday, August 30, 2006 10:30 pm
> Subject: Re: [Vision2020] Getting a.....
> >  While we're talking about improving Moscow - does anyone know
> > when or if the city plans on paving the bike path between 6th
> > Street along Paradise Creek to Main St/Hwy 95 at Sweet Avenue? Not
> > everyone in this town rides a mountain bike...and if the Powers
> > that Be ever visited a place like Boise, Seattle or Portland they
> > might see how popular multi-use paths are with the young folks
> > these days. I'd much rather see my tax dollars go to paving all
> > the underused railroads of the Palouse for bike paths than for
> > expanding Hwy 95 or Hwy 27...

>  Penny of the Skinny Tyre

Penny,

The City plans to surface the path between 6th and College and between U.S. 95 and Berman Park with compressed asphalt grindings. The grindings will come from the resurfacing of Washington Street which will begin within a couple of weeks after the concrete intersections are completed.

The compressed asphalt grindings will be a temporary surface until such time as the final routes for the path are determined and funding is obtained for permanent surfacing. The Army Corps of Engineers is considering re-meandering Paradise Creek between 6th and College. A new route for the path will probably be on the opposite side of the creek from where it is now. Funding for a permanent surface east of Hwy 95 has been secured but is still a couple of years from allocation.

The compressed asphalt grindings will not be as smooth as new asphalt, but will be better for riding than the current gravel surface.

If you would like to see the path completed and surfaced in a more timely manner, your generous donation will be gladly accepted at City Hall, corner of Third and Washington.

Philip