[Vision2020] I thought you might be interested in this article

Jeff Harkins jeffh at moscow.com
Mon Aug 28 22:19:37 PDT 2006

Bill,

Here is a simple thought for you to ponder ...

The ultimate force that assures that competitive behavior and free
choice will provide a check on greed is that there is nothing that
can prevent you from becoming the next CEO earning $200 million - you
simply have to be willing to commit to that agenda and be willing to
make the sacrifices necessary to achieve your goal.

Yes indeed - you could be the CEO of WalMart and you could then
restructure that company or any other multinational firm as you see
fit - as long as you satisfy the return on capital demands of the
shareholders and the expectations of the capital markets.

It really is that simple.

You might consider reading the biographies of Dupont, Firestone,
Ford, Hughes, Vanderbilt, Osborne - even Gates (to name a few) to
gain a sense of how this is possible.