[Vision2020] Critical Mass, A Public Menace!

Kai Eiselein, editor editor at lataheagle.com
Mon Aug 28 15:13:31 PDT 2006

Here's a list of incidents I've had with bicyclists in the past two weeks:
1: Cyclist riding on sidewalk going north along 95 near Rodeo Drive. I turn right onto Rodeo while said cyclist is stil 30+ feet from intersection. Cyclist gives bird. (So I'm supposed to stop? Last time I checked, pedestrians and cyclists were supposed to slow/stop and cross when prudent)
2: Cyclist comes barreling out of culdesac along Rodeo Drive, we miss each other by inches thanks to good tires and brakes on my part. Choice words ensue.
3: Two cyclists riding inside construction zone on Washington, both cut through cones into trafic directly in front of me without looking or signaling and proceed to take up lane. Completely oblivious to the sound of screeching rubber behind them - my brakes.
4: Wife walks out the front door of my office, cyclist nearly runs her down.
5: While walking along Jackson Street, I turn to enter my office. Cyclist nearly runs me over, he made no attempt to warn me he was there.