[Vision2020] Fwd: Is there a correlation between "Fore Gras"Killing Babies!

Saundra Lund sslund at adelphia.net
Sun Aug 27 15:15:18 PDT 2006

Visionaries:

I swore I wasn't going to get sucked into any more ridiculous discussions
with Donovan's disingenuous posts, and I'm not.

I will, however, say I'm disappointed in -- but not surprised by --
Donovan's selective quoting.  The very next sentence in the Wikipedia
article Donovan selectively quoted is:
"The committee did not observe any signs that animals appreciated being
force fed, and observed that ducks attempted to move away when their feeder
entered the room."

I'll state the obvious that apparently escapes Donovan:  one doesn't need to
look at blood hormones to know that the ducks & geese used in foie gras
production suffer.  The *simple* physiological evidence is clear:  they
struggle to get away, they vomit, they die in the forced feeding process.
This is something simple observation documents.  The heart and respiration
rates show changes that indicate physiological stress/pain.

And, these individual sentient beings are absolutely needlessly subjected to
*their* pain and suffering and terror over and over and over and over again.

Given the extensive education Donovan claims, it is shocking to me that he's
trying to deny something so obvious as the suffering inherent in the
"production" of foie gras.  I can certainly understand that some people just
don't know what's involved in foie gras production, but it is beyond me what
Donovan hopes to accomplish by minimizing and denying the very real and
repeated suffering clearly experienced by these sentient beings.

Saundra Lund
Moscow, ID

nothing.
- Edmund Burke

***** Original material contained herein is Copyright 2006, Saundra Lund.
Do not copy, forward, excerpt, or reproduce outside the Vision 2020 forum
without the express written permission of the author.*****