[Vision2020] local transportation

david sarff davesway at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 25 18:01:29 PDT 2006

Here we have the slow moving vehical code....funny....
D Sarff

TITLE  49
                                MOTOR VEHICLES
                                  CHAPTER 6
                              RULES OF THE ROAD
    49-619.  SLOW MOVING VEHICLES -- RESTRICTIONS AND EXCEPTIONS, EQUIPMENT
--
EMBLEMS ON CERTAIN MACHINERY -- LIMITED EXEMPTION. (1) It shall be unlawful
operate a slow moving vehicle on the highways at the following times and
under
the following circumstances:
    (a)  From one-half (1/2) hour after sunset to one-half (1/2) hour before
    sunrise, unless the vehicle or equipment is equipped with lights as
    required by section 49-916, Idaho Code;
    (b)  At a speed in excess of twenty-five (25) miles per hour, unless the
    vehicle or equipment, including towed units of farm equipment, is
designed
    to safely travel at speeds in excess of twenty-five (25) miles per hour,
    but no such vehicle or equipment shall exceed the posted maximum speed
    limit and shall be operated by a licensed driver;
    (c)  In such a manner as to obstruct the free movement of traffic on the
    highways.
    (2)  A slow moving vehicle shall be equipped with a braking system and
with a mechanical signaling device as required for other similarly
constructed
vehicles.
    (3)  All slow moving vehicles, farm tractors, road rollers and
implements
of husbandry shall have affixed at the rear of the vehicle an emblem
identifying them as slow moving equipment. The Idaho traffic safety
commission
shall recommend to the board the minimum standards for the emblem.
    (4)  Emergency and snow removal vehicles owned and operated by the state
or its political subdivisions when en route to, from, or in the performance
of
activities essential to the public safety, shall be exempt from the
provisions
of paragraphs (a) and (c) of subsection (1) of this section.