[Vision2020] Moscow Transit [was Inconvenient Truth]

Joe Campbell joekc at adelphia.net
Thu Aug 24 11:47:33 PDT 2006

There are at least some connections between the two systems.

During the day, I can come over from WSU on the Wheatland, get dropped off at St. Augustine's at UI, catch a Valley Transit bus to the eastside, walk a few blocks, and I'm home.

I wonder how many regular Wheatland riders know about this option? I wonder how many know that you can take Valley Transit to the mall?

Another good question: What would it take to get you (or anyone) to ride the bus from your home to the downtown area and the Malls?

--
Joe Campbell

---- Sunil Ramalingam <sunilramalingam at hotmail.com> wrote:

=============
As one of your local friendly Valley Transit Board members, I'll try to
raise this issue at the next board meeting.  Do you think it would help if
at the beginning and end of the day there was some sort of connection
between the two systems?  I don't know if that's feasible right now, but
it's worth discussing.

I'm copying this to Tom.

Sunil

>From: Joe Campbell <joekc at adelphia.net>
>To: Dan Carscallen <areaman at moscow.com>
>CC: vision2020 at moscow.com
>Subject: Re: [Vision2020] Inconvenient Truth -- What WE REALLY HAVE TO DO
>Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 8:23:10 -0700
>
>I didn't mean to be critical of Tom LaPointe's efforts. He's certainly done
>a lot more than I have about any of these issues.
>
>I find it interesting, though, that folks regularly use the Wheatland
>Express -- yesterday I had to stand the whole way to Moscow there were so
>many people on the bus -- yet these same folks (myself included) do not use
>the Moscow bus system as often. Doesn't hurt to wonder why aloud and have
>other folks thinking about how to change that situation.
>
>--
>Joe Campbell
>
>---- Dan Carscallen <areaman at moscow.com> wrote:
>
>=============
>Donovan says:
>"You guys are thinking so small, so tiny. It doesn't help save the earth
>even a day to do these tiny things."
>
>Hey, you gotta start somewhere.
>
>An aside to Joe:  Believe you me, my good buddy Tom LaPointe is getting
>the word out there as far as Moscow Valley Transit is concerned.  Would
>he like more people to ride the bus?  Heck yes, but I'm here to tell you
>that I've seen charts and graphs and whatnot presented by Tom that shows
>nothing but increasing ridership for Moscow Valley Transit.  While I'm
>not a guy who would normally ride the bus -- various reasons, including
>a short bicycle or motorcycle commute to work -- I'm all in favor of
>having that option for people.
>
>DC

>  List services made available by First Step Internet,

>  List services made available by First Step Internet,