[Vision2020] Inconvenient Truth -- What WE REALLY HAVE TO DO

Dan Carscallen areaman at moscow.com
Thu Aug 24 10:13:43 PDT 2006

Donovan says:
"Nobody WANTS to ride a bus. They smell, they are crowded, unsafe,
unclean, inconvenient, slow, and uncomfortable. People do it mostly
because it is their best option, not because they are trying to save the
Earth."

Have you been on the Moscow Valley Transit buses?  I'm pretty sure they
keep them pretty clean and stink-free.  I also wouldn't go bagging on
their safety.  That's super uncool.

Then Donovan goes on to say:
"If you really want to raise bus ridership raise gas prices"

Isn't this guy who's advocating more than doubling the price of gas the
same cat who was whining about having to spend twice as much on gas to
get around construction in Moscow?  Just curious.

DC