[Vision2020] candidate questionnaire for November

J Ford privatejf32 at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 23 17:58:05 PDT 2006

I believe it is called "furlough" which I THINK was started by Michael
Dukakis while in the Gov's office in the '80's.

It seemingly is practiced by Latah County, certainly in regards to prisoners
such as Sitler.  Like the Dukakis blunder, it doesnae work and should be
stopped before we have a "Willie Horton" in Idaho.

Definition:

"A furlough is temporary leave of absence, especially from duty in the armed
services or from a prison term.  In the case of a leave from a prison term,
this is often PART of a program called work-release, where a prisoner is
sufficiently trusted or can be sufficiently monitored to be allowed out of
confinement to continue working at his or her current place of employment,
returning to prison when his/her shift is complete. Some work-release
programs allow greater freedom for the prisoner, allowing prisoners who
follow a Monday-Friday work week to attend work and live at their homes on
those days, and serve their sentences two days at a time on weekends."
(emphasis added.)

Good and timely question, Miss Saundra.

J  :]