[Vision2020] Maybe Good News for Dan, the Area Man! (was: re: Line and 6th)

Saundra Lund sslund at adelphia.net
Wed Aug 23 15:19:03 PDT 2006

Hi Dan & Other Interested Visionaries,

With respect to the ability to watch City Council meetings on TV, Dan
Carscallan wrote:
"Wishin' there was a way I could have the public access channel.  Dang ol'
satellite TV anyway."

I've been meaning to comment on this, and I thank you for reminding me *and*
giving me the opportunity to say, "Kudos!" to our City.  As some of y'all
know, I'm not shy about vocally disagreeing when I think the City of Moscow
is wrong, and I'm ***thrilled*** for the opportunity to point out something
I really think the City is doing right!

Dan & other satellite TV people, please check out:
http://www.ci.moscow.id.us/cityclerk/2006minutes.asp

You'll see that audio & video are available of City Council, Administrative
Committee, and Public Works/Finance Committee meetings  :-)))  If you aren't
busy while the meetings are in progress, you can also watch them live on
your computer via the link (View City Channel 13 Live!) on the City's main
page (the link is on the left about 1/3 of the way down):
http://www.ci.moscow.id.us/

I don't know how well it works for those on dial-up, but it's great with
high speed Internet access :-)  And, I cannot tell you how pleased I am that
the City has moved in this direction to make the meetings more accessible to
folks . . . at least to those with computers!

For those who are more familiar with the technology involved than am I, one
of the things I'd like to see is the ability to *download* the audio & video
files rather than just play them -- I'd like the ability to move them to my
MP3 or PVP to watch or listen when I'm driving (I'd only listen then!) or
walking or traveling or waiting.  Does anyone know of an easy way to
accomplish that since there doesn't seem to be the option to download the
files?  I could record the meetings on my Archos, but I keep forgetting to
program it . . .

Also, does anyone know if there are plans to make audio/video of the City
Commission meetings similarly available?  I'd really be in heaven then
:-)))

HTH,
Saundra Lund
Moscow, ID

nothing.
- Edmund Burke

***** Original material contained herein is Copyright 2006, Saundra Lund.
Do not copy, forward, excerpt, or reproduce outside the Vision 2020 forum
without the express written permission of the author.*****