[Vision2020] Chicago Bans Foie Gras, Goes Green

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Sat Aug 19 11:00:55 PDT 2006

All:

No, not a joke.

I read about this before the current discussion on Vision2020 about foie
gras being served in Moscow.  The city once famous for its animal butchering
industry now is championing animal rights:

http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/26foiegras.html

Can you imagine the reaction if the Moscow City Council enacted such a ban
at this point in time?  Zoning codes are abstract, but telling people what
they can eat really gets people riled up...Yes, indeed, banning foie gras is
no doubt part of the secular humanist stealth religion being secretly
foisted upon us via love for cute harmless animals.  The diabolical genius
of those liberal secularists!  We must be ever vigilant.

Chicago is also attempting to seriously address environmental issues with
action, not just talk.  The city is building roof top gardens, and is
pursuing alternative energy, and numerous other "green" projects:

http://www.csmonitor.com/2006/0710/p02s02-ussc.html

http://www.consciouschoice.com/2002/cc1504/aboltinterview1504.html

Ted Moffett