[Vision2020] Flag burning

Ralph Nielsen nielsen at uidaho.edu
Fri Aug 18 10:36:05 PDT 2006

First of all, let's change the subject heading if we change the subject.

I'm sure that anyone burning his/her nation's flag in Nazi Germany
would have been either sent to a concentration camp or had his head
sliced off in a guillotine. In Stalin's Soviet Union she/he would
have been sent to an arctic Siberian gulag or taken down into a
cellar and shot. There was no freedom of dissent or speech under
those regimes. Do we think like them? I hope not.