[Vision2020] West of Paris, Grand Opening

Bill London london at moscow.com
Fri Aug 18 10:13:51 PDT 2006

Since you asked.....
a few of my reasons why I think a Constitutional amendment against
desecrating the flag is stupid....
1. what is the problem?  how many descrated flags are there?
2. if I own the flag and choose to desecrate it by burning it in an open
place that will not cause a general fire, so what?  That is free speech.
The flag is a symbol, and burning it is Constitutionally-protected.
3. what is desecration?  wearing a flag on the butt of your jeans?  wrapping
your used car in flags to sell it at a used car lot?  getting a tattoo of
flag upside down?  Boy Scouts burning old flags?
BL