[Vision2020] Bad karma, great eating

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Fri Aug 18 00:16:20 PDT 2006

I can't stand it.

Here we have the uber-smugness and cowardly anonymity of Princess
Sushitushi, who, as a devoted disciple of Jesus Christ, continues to revel
in his odious gift of causing offense for no reason other than . . . well,
he can.  He could chuckle silently, perhaps, over those birdseed-eaters,
who've come to see his gospel as a playing field for snarky belligerents
like himself.  He could look up information on foie gras production and see
if, maybe, there's some merit to what Saundra says.  He could thank God for
freedom of conscience and offer a prayer for those whose consciences are
wounded in areas that he feels free to indulge, or he could just order up a
clamshell box of fatty duck liver  and invite his fellow connoisseurs to
scarf some up with a stout Shiraz and a redolent Macanudo.  Yep, there are
any number of ways to disagree with Saundra, et al, without flipping a
greasy, stiff middle finger to those who already think he's an ass and so,
perhaps, is his Savior.

But our Princess never disappoints.

And so, as a disciple of Jesus who has never eaten foie gras and doesn't
even know how to pronounce it; who is a carnivore struggling with latent
questions of conscience regarding meat-eating; who manages to navigate
through her days without pouncing on every opportunity to smack down people
I disagree with; and who must confess that she has enormous difficulty
conjuring feelings of love and mercy towards someone who she thinks is a
real ass -- I'd like to apologize for the foul, unloving, unkind, ugly and
gleefully divisive comments of our anonymous correspondent, whose fondness
for fatty duck liver can't hide the gaunt barenness of his own heart.

Disgusted, saddened, and perplexed,

keely