[Vision2020] candidate questionnaire--responses

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 17 15:55:06 PDT 2006

This assessor question is built on a false premise. Property values are  not based on real market values, and thank God they are not, otherwise  people would be paying about 4x as much in taxes. Properties are more  assessed based on what the expenditures of the city/county are and the  value of a home( about 1/2 real market value - 50% for property owners  on their first home). Local governments can only raise their budgets 5%  a year, not counting the school district which is separate, so they  couldn't legally raise it to market value anyway, well, at least not  and be within state law.

  Best,

  _DJA

Bruce Livingston <livi at turbonet.com> wrote:  I am fine with both of these questions.  BDL