[Vision2020] Jesus did NOT "not say it"

Joe Campbell joekc at adelphia.net
Wed Aug 16 06:33:42 PDT 2006

None of this says that everything in the Bible is the literal truth. None of this says that God is the author of the Bible.

For the record, I accept all of the passages that you cite, Princess. God is the Word, i.e., the Truth. The Bible is inspired by God. In It are treasures of wisdom and knowledge.

But it just doesn't follow from this that one should take a literal, fundamentalist interpretation of all Biblical passages. To draw such a conclusion on the basis of these passages alone would be fallacious.

--
Joe Campbell

---- Taro Tanaka <taro_tanaka at hotmail.com> wrote:

=============
"Andreas Schou" <ophite at gmail.com> wrote:

>>Jesus,
>>the Logos, the Alpha and the Omega, is the Author of everything written
>>from
>>Genesis 1:1 to Revelation 22:21. So if it is in the Bible, Jesus did
>>indeed
>>say it.
>
>In which verse does the Bible assert that this is the case?

John 1:1, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the
Word was God." [The entire Bible -- God's word -- is inseparable from Jesus,
the Word.]

2 Timothy 3:16 "All scripture is given by inspiration of God." [Inspiration
refers to the work of the Spirit, but since God is Triune, the Son and the
Father are equally involved in the work of the Spirit.]

Colossians 2:3 "In [Christ] are hid all the treasures of wisdom and
knowledge." [The Bible is the greatest treasure of wisdom and knowledge.
(The complete text of 2 Timothy 3:16 above and the verse following is, "All
scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine,
for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: that the man
of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.") The goal
of the Christian is to be perfectly conformed to Jesus Christ in His sinless
humanity. So the more one draws close to Him, the more the Bible comes into
view, and the more one draws close to the Bible, the more Christ comes into
view.]

Many more verses could be cited. There is no single verse which says, "Jesus
dictated the entire 66 books of the Bible," but the inescapable conclusion
of the testimony of scripture is that the entire Bible constitutes the
"sayings of Jesus."

-- Princess Sushitushi

 List services made available by First Step Internet,
          mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com