[Vision2020] candidate questionnaire--responses

Tom Ivie the_ivies3 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 15 10:34:39 PDT 2006

How about some sort of "Water" question for County Commissioner candidates?  The water issue doesn't just affect Moscow, but all of Latah County.

Art Deco <deco at moscow.com> wrote:      All,

  I am sorry but between unexpected chores and recovering from a slight climbing injury incurred in Jasper National Park, I have chosen other matters to attend to and thus have not given this discussion the attention it deserves.

  Bruce suggests:  "What are your qualifications and why are you running"?

  I think this question will generate too many boilerplate, self-serving, quasi-bullshit answers such as "I want to give back to the community."

  If it is not too late to suggest a question for the commissioners given all the land use problems (e.g. Naylor Farms) now emerging:

  "When considering a conditional use permit or other land use permit, should the existing uses established by the owners' prior investments and their expectation to be have those investments protected by zoning ordinances be considered a higher priority than a new conflicting use?"

Art Deco (Wayne A. Fox)
deco at moscow.com

  ----- Original Message -----   From: Bruce Livingston