[Vision2020] Missing the point

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Mon Aug 14 17:23:20 PDT 2006

I don't believe that Nick or anyone else agrees that everything is equally
valuable or virtuous and that there is no such thing as a "bad" thing or
belief.  And I know that there are things Nick wouldn't tolerate, just like
none of us would -- for example, the hypocrisy and bad judgment of a pastor
naming as suspects in the alleged vandalism of his home a handful of people
whose real crime seems only to be having the temerity to disagree with him
publicly.

Some of them even use their real names, strangely enough.  But I digress ...

My point is that a vigorous, robust debate about the nature of absolutism,
sin, atonement and epistemology can be conducted without nastiness and
without hiding behind anonymity.  I've had many of those debates myself and
look forward some day to having them again, perhaps even with my friend Nick
Gier.  On the other hand, it is difficult to imagine a civil discussion,
much less a lively debate, with someone whose bellicose belligerence
obscures even the cogent, reasonable points he makes, and who, after
bellowing and braying, has the gall to ride off into the sunset without
anyone knowing his name.  Princess Sushitushi has made some strong
apologetic points about the atonement, but they're hard to remember in the
snarling psuedo-sanctimonious buckshot he's sprayed throughout the salon,
without exercising even the minimal courtesy of using his real name.

My goodness, Princess -- step out from behind the curtain and introduce
yourself, will you?

keely