[Vision2020] Summertime Down on Me

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Mon Aug 14 12:19:38 PDT 2006

I realize that the festivities this coming weekend in Rosalia will be
lacking in some degree.

After all, Big Brother and the Holding Company (BBHC) without Janis Joplin
is like Creedence Clearwater Revival (CCR) without John Fogerty.

But, hey, I done seen Creedence Clearwater revisited (CCR sans John Fogerty)
and their replacement lead singer, though not of the same caliber as
Fogerty, was quite excellent.

Perhaps BBHC may have replaced Janis with a reasonable facsimile.  If not, I
will simply kick back, pour myself a tall, cold one, and enjoy the . . .

"Summertime"
http://www.tomandrodna.com/Songs/Summertime.mp3

Some of you may feel that I am blowing smoke.  Perhaps I am, and maybe some
of you are simply . . .

"Down on Me"
http://www.tomandrodna.com/Songs/Down_On_Me.mp3

Irregardless (I know the word does not exist, but it sounds cool), seeya in
Rosalia, Moscow.

sideways, chocolate in one hand, a drink in the other, body thoroughly used
up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO. What a ride!'"