[Vision2020] Poor Sportsmanship

David Williams davidwilliams365 at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 14 10:04:28 PDT 2006

EJ,

You're right.  Philadelphia fans are passionate about sports.  But I can do
you one better.  Booeing Santa Claus??  Booeing Donovan McNabb (many times
in his career)??  C'mon, thats pretty mild.  What about the time Phillies
fans chucked AA batteries at Indians rightfielder Albert Belle??  Or the
time they cheered when hated Dallas Cowboys receiver Michael Irvin was
carted off the field, ending his career, when he almost broke his neck on
the famed Vet Astro Turf??  Did you know that the Vet was the only pro
sports stadium to have a court, complete with judge and jail cell, for
trying rowdy fans??  They would actually hold people overnight.  But here's
the kicker.  What about that poor Chicago Cubs fan who accidentally got in
the way of Moises Alou trying to catch a foul ball??  This supposedly cost
the Cubs a berth in the World Series??  This guy got death threats!?!?!
What about the ugly Pacers brawl in your beloved NBA??  This is being hailed
as one of the ugliest moments in sports history, and your crying about some
fans booeing Santa Claus??  C'mon man, thats pretty weak.  Makes me wonder
what would happen to you if you EVER worked up the courage to confront a
Philly fan.

DW