[Vision2020] True Muslims and True Americans

nickgier at adelphia.net nickgier at adelphia.net
Thu Aug 10 17:50:33 PDT 2006

Greetings:

The Princess is back!  And I'm even more sure now that she is Doug Jones, Doug Wilson's right hand man and one of those NSA Senior Fellows without a PhD.  Many UI professors with PhDs would love to be promoting that quickly and easily.

The Princess and at least one another writer on this list don't seem to know the difference between respecting religious freedom and condemning actions that believers might decide are justified by their religious beliefs.

1) With regard to Jim Jones' disciples, it would have been a violation of their First Amendment rights to prevent them from joining his church.  Do I need to point out that it is against the law, even in Guyana, to poison people?

2) Since 1948 it has been illegal for a widow to join her husband on his funeral pyre.    This is an ancient custom, and it cannot be found in any Hindu law book.

3) I personally find the idea that Jesus was a blood sacrifice for human sin is just as primitive, barbaric, and outrageous as the human sacrifice in other religions. Again, the Constitution would protect the belief and, and fortunately, laws would prevent the actual practice.

Until Christ Church repudiates Greg Dickison's "Crenda Agenda" articles, the actions that he calls for, "when we have our way," are equally abhorrent.

Our man from the Banana Belt missed the main point of Wayne's challenge, which is not whether he supports Dickison's reading of the Bible; rather, it is whether he is willing to reject a reading of the Bible that he condemns.

By the way, thousands of Indian and Indonesian Muslims condemned the terrorist bombings that have happened in their countries.  Furthermore, the Indian and Indonesian government does not invade other countries to solve this problem; rather, they use patient and effective police action to arrest the specific perpetrators.  The Europeans do the same without declaring a war on terror.

Nick Gier