[Vision2020] An Iraqi Veteran's Testimony

J Ford privatejf32 at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 8 10:21:36 PDT 2006

As a Vietnam Vet, a grandchild of Vets from WWI and WWII and Korea, I agree
with the sentiments of this writer.

Just because we are sent off to a hot spot absolutely doesnae mean we wish
to be there or agree it is right for to be there.  If someone eagerly says
"Yeah, can't wait to kill me some enemy!"  I worry about them - heartily so.
  What we donnae need is more "Rambos" out there killing people for nae good
reason.  THEY are the ones that make the mistakes that this whole country
ends up pay for.

I saw many a dead body, parts of bodies, lives destroyed, villages and
people from them mutilated or dead, decisions made that left me wondering
"What the h**l are we doing here?  What is it we are really fighting for or
about?" to make me sick.  I still suffer the effects of those years spent
hiding, running, recovering, shooting, being shot at; I donnae wish that on
anyone.

IF this was a righteous conflict, one in which we were in danger if we
didnae get involved in it, then I could see us continuing to be there.  As
it is, WE are the ones that started it and the objective has YET to be made
clear.

Democracy be damned as that is NAE the true reason and THAT should be clear
to anyone with half a brain.  There is many a speculation as to why we are
still in an area that clearly is breaking down faster than we can pour more
men and money into and one in which we will ne'er be able to fix.  Why?
Just how many of our young people are we willing to loose for this cause
that isnae?

I urge people to continue writing to the Congress and the President to STOP
this before we have too many of our youth spent in a fight we have nae a dog
in.  And nae, I am nae "bitching" about it...just stating facts.

J  :]