[Vision2020] Movie Notes

J Ford privatejf32 at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 6 15:45:53 PDT 2006

Hey, as a side note - we have seen three movies this weekend; two I would
HIGHLY recommend and one I wouldn't even like to repeat its name.

Recommend:

Monster House (with proviso)
Barnyard: The Original Part Animals

Won't even repeat:

The movie with Will Ferrell

"Monster House", though slated as a children/family movie is, I believe, a
bit too heavy for the younger crowd.  VERRA well done and VERRA
entertaining, but REALLY scary in a few places.  There wasn't but one wee
one in the theater and they had to leave.

"Barnyard" has got to be one of THE funniest movies I've seen in a while.  A
lot of jokes well timed and verra well done.  There is one or two places
that had people in the theater crying (due to its tenderness, not from being
scary) including us, but still it is really a great movie.

Will Ferrell - well, is Will Ferrell.  I guess crass movies are just not my
thing.  There was a few good parts in it, but not enough for me to recommend
it to anyone.  I am sure the sophomoric humor crowd will like it, but for me
- a no go.

Earlier in the month, we saw "Lady In The Water" and I LOVED it.  Very scary
but very nicely done.  I love M. Night Shyamalan  anyway, but I believe he
did a really nice job on this one.

If anyone else has seen any of these movies, it'd be great to hear what you
thought of them.  Or if you have seen any other movie, as well.

J  :]