[Vision2020] Fw: Letter to the Editor: Church is noninclusive

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 5 12:22:00 PDT 2006

Jumping in the middle of this because I had the same thoughts as Dick did...

Because I can't conceive of such reasons off the top of my head doesn't
mean there aren't any.  If I had to spin the Wheel of Fate and place my
bet, it probably wouldn't be put on the "Pastor is Prejudiced" or
"Church Hates the Disabled" areas.  I'd go more for "Liability Concerns"
or "Inadequate Equipment for Adult-Sized People" ones.

I'm fully willing to condemn the pastor for this action, but I don't
have enough information one way or the other.  I don't like judging
people anyway, but especially when I have only one side of the story.

I notice that Mr. Smith didn't make any accusations at all in his
letter, he was just perplexed.  I respect him for that.  I empathize
with him and Ginger and I would encourage the pastor and the director of
children's ministries to communicate the reasoning for their refusal to
him if they have not done so already.  Perhaps he could then communicate
it to us so we would have some actual reasons for our stances on this topic.

Who knows, maybe they prayed about it and God suggested they refuse her
based on whatever His plan is.

Paul