[Vision2020] Fw: Letter to the Editor: Church is noninclusive

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sat Aug 5 10:56:53 PDT 2006

Dick Sherwin stated:

"Remember, there are always two sides to every story and no one has
presented the other side here in the forum.  To date, we do not even know
what church is involved.  Therefore, to jump to emotional conclusions would
be only adding fuel to a fire that may not even exist."

Is there any reason why we should identify the particular church at this
point in time?  If we were to identify the particular church, wouldn't we be
opening the flood gates of supposed "religious persecution"?  Yoshi Smith
(the author of the letter in question) did not identify the church.  We
should honor her desire for the church's anonymity.

Without supposing any facts which are not known, what circumstances would
corroborate the church's denial to a disabled person in need of acceptance?

What reason(s) would provide sufficient grounds for a church (any church) to
deprive a parishioner access to a vacation Bible school?

"People only see what they are prepared to see."

- Ralph Waldo Emerson