[Vision2020] The same Jerry Brady?

Dick Sherwin rvrcowboy at clearwire.net
Sat Aug 5 08:58:33 PDT 2006

I am seeing a lot of talk concerning Jerry Brady here on the vision.  Remember, this is the same Jerry Brady who ran for Governor of Idaho against Dirk Kempthorne and lost by more than 80,000 votes.  I believe that loss, by Brady, was by the widest margin of any official state election in the history of Idaho elections.

>From Brady's campaign meeting at LCSC, during his last attempt, I can understand why so many people considered him a total non-candidate then.  Unless he has gotten much smarter, I doubt many will consider him any better this time.

Besides not having any real platform, Brady is a huge advocate of breaching the four Lower Snake River dams and leaving northern Idaho high and dry.  He based his opinions on this subject on outdated and discarded computer modeling concerning dam breaching and anadramous fish runs.  Even the environmental community, at the time, recognized the data he relied upon as invalid.

When confronted with the fact his data was flawed, Brady continued to defend it anyway.  His entire presentation was a pathetic, clown-like side show.  At one point, one of his staunch supporters wanted to know why I (living in Washington at the time) even cared who was the Governor of Idaho and why I didn't mind my own business.  When I answered that I would gladly mind my own business when he and Brady stopped advocating the breaching of four dams in my home state, neither he nor Brady had anything else to say on the topic.

If Idaho Democrats can't find anyone more credible than this circus clown to run for Governor, they are in deep trouble.  Brady may be popular in the Moscow area but he will fail miserably in the rest of the state.

I predict the election for Governor to be another landslide for the GOP.  The only question to be answered at this point is; "Will the margin be by more than 80,000 votes and break the old loss-ratio record, which this clown already holds?"

Dick S.